Friday, May 20, 2011

easier said than done






Sometimes it's very easy for us to say the things that we perceive as simple to do or that we can do much better at anything, than doing the work itself. Of course, nothing is impossible if we have the will to do it. But the question is, when will we get anything started?

The photos above are some works in progress and my first full attempt at working with ceramics. I love working with clay and I thought signing in a workshop will formally commence my journey with this natural and symbolic material. Sculpting terra cotta clay is very much harder than I thought. Aside from working with sweat in kneading the clay, firing or baking it also ignites endless anxiety as the outcome is actually indefinite for the first few attempts. I have much more respect now for ceramic artists.

I just hope my babies turn out pretty well.


8 comments:

hello my name is pergy said...

ganda! dapat pala nag pagawa akong mug hehe :P

Sergio said...

thanks perg. hayaan mo pag marunong na talaga ako gawa tayong mugs!

Anonymous said...

Ganda serj! Pangarap ko rin makagawa ng mga ganyan o kaya ng mga porcelana. Para din pala siyang etching / aquatint, kakabahan ka pag inangat mo na yung papel sa press. :) Galing, galing! :D

Anonymous said...

si yas pala ito haha.

Sergio said...

haha, thanks yas! sadly hanggang picture na lang itong mga babies ko hahaha. hindi nila nasurvive ang init eh r.i.p. :-( lol

Ken said...

sayang... :(

gusto ko pa naman ung nasa huling larawan

Sergio said...

oks lang ken, life is moving on. lol

University Ball said...

Hello mmate great blog post